I have failed to achieve anything worthwhile.
I have succeeded in achieving absolutely nothing worthwhile.
Negatives of today:
- I feel quite ill
- I’m suffering bad digestive problems
- I’m tired and lethargic
- I’m in a bit of pain
- I’ve got slight anxiety that is unstable and threatening to get worse and I can’t seem to kill it
- I have done nothing useful at all
- My eldest boy is MiA and I have no clue where he is
Positives of today:
- I don’t have to get anything done
- I don’t have to go anywhere
- My toddler is very happy and content
- I have a reasonable amount of money in the bank for a change
- I’m a closer to being able to move to Sydney than I was this time last month
- I’m not having to go without anything this week so my kids can eat
- The weather is really nice
- My spine isn’t playing up and I can almost feel my legs properly and can walk just fine
- No one and nothing has pissed me off
- Playing WoW earlier I finally managed to get some achievements I’d been struggling to get done right for a while
- I received several emails from a friend that made me smile
- My eldest boy has good friends with good families that won’t let any harm come to him so whichever friend he is with I’m sure he’ll be safe - and probably very embarassed later when he gets home and realises he forgot to phone me to let me know where he was going. lol
- I haven’t received any crappy canvassing phone calls, spam email, or even postal junk mail
- I have pizza
Positives far outweigh the negatives. It’s a really good day.
Like THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Bangladesh happens to be a way cooler name. So does Sierra Leone. And Nairobi. And Rwanda.
None of them are cool. I’ve had the luxury of deploying to several of them, and it’s not just their leaders that are jack-offs. The entirety of the countries are ten different flavors of fucked up.
Sorry, you’re both wrong, the most awesome country name is, ‘Federated States of Micronesia’. The name makes me imagine a tiny little pocket sized piece of land where everything has been shrunk down to scale where the people are about an inch tall. lol
As for jackoffs running countries… please name one that isn’t. If you list the names of ones that are we’ll be here all day. :P
This made me laugh. I must still be in one of my colder moods.
At least the gays can have their parades.
If I were to have a heterosexual parade, with men proclaiming how much they love women, alongside women declaring their pride of loving men… that shit would be deemed “lewd, and inappropriate”.
Whatever. Do what you do, I’ll do what I do. Just shut up about it already.
Feminism is all about equality between the genders.
Chivalry is about men respecting women to the point of unequality, with the woman’s life being treated as more worthy than that of the man’s life.
Chivalry is about men keeping women safe.
It is about men carrying the heavily loaded bags so the woman doesn’t risk an injury trying to move them. Pulling a chair out - which gives the man a chance to check that the chair is indeed safe for the woman to sit on. Opening a door - giving the man a chance to check that passage through the door is safe for the woman.
A truely chivalrous man will sacrifice his own life to save a woman from harm.
He will give up his seat and stand for hours if need be so a woman can sit comfortably.
He will put his coat on the ground at a muddly gutter where a woman needs to step out of a car so that her shoes don’t get wet, soiled and slippery.
He will do all the physical labouring jobs so the woman doesn’t risk an injury.
He will never ask a woman for money, and will always pay for the woman’s drinks and meal, and anything else she should require while in his company.
All the chivalrous man asks for in return from the woman is a polite thank you.
When women insist upon putting their lives equal to that of men; they are in fact degrading themselves.
And then they wonder why in today’s modern world of equality between the genders, men are losing respect for women.
Is it really that hard to figure out?
- Me: Woah, you need a code to get into your bathroom?! That's so weird.
- Alyssa: I go to a co-ed school, you go to a women's college. You don't have to worry about the rape-inz.
- Me [confused, open mouthed silence for a moment]: ...what?!
- My comment to this dialogue: That is about as sad as can get, and I don't know what is worse. When rape is so common that a college bathroom needs a security code to enter it, or the notion that a woman can't get raped at an all-women college...