(This one is for Sharkiepoo, while I’ve still got a few spoons and a nicely balanced foul attitude to dish them out)
WAKE UP PEOPLE AND PAY ATTENTION!
ASD’s - Autistic Spectrum Disorders - have been proven to be caused by genetics; with premature birth…
Okay, I’m going to back the pity-party bus up for a minute here.
1. It’s not “genious”, it’s genius. And no, you can’t get away with “oh I can’t spell, I’m on the autistic spectrum”, if you cannot notice squiggly red lines when you’re typing, you have an eyeball issue.
2. I agree with a lot of things in this argument! Except for the self-pity part! I’ve taught autistic 3 year olds. It was simultaneously the most challenging and the most rewarding thing I have done.
But to put the “blame” on other people who don’t know how to teach children like that is not fair. It is really hard. It is damned hard. This is not a situation that blame needs to be a part of at all. Yes, teacher should adapt to a child’s learning needs. No, no child is a fault for his brain chemistry. Absolutely not. But how can you expect someone to react to something so radically different to what they are used to, especially in a high-stress environment like teaching young children, the first time and get it 100% right? That isn’t fair.
3. The entire paragraph starting with “The number of cases of severe autism” is crude and unhelpful. Just…just no.
4. While I *THINK* there might be another underlying cause to the increase of cases of autistic spectrum disorders, obviously nobody knows yet so any definitive statement ONE WAY OR THE OTHER CANNOT BE PROVEN TO BE TRUE. So calm. Yourself.
5. “Autism is here and it’s not going to go away. Get used to it, accept it, and deal with it.” Oh yes that’s a really mature way to end the argument, good on you. You’re effectively stooping to “because I said so” logic. Not very convincing.
I BELIEVE 100% PEOPLE ON THE AUTISTIC SPECTRUM ARE PEOPLE. But they DO require special attention, and that in turn makes them “special”. Not “wrong”. But yes, different. We’re all different and ridiculous. Please. Just…no. Get over yourself. :P (See, that argument doesn’t work on you, either)
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????
YOU DO REALIZE YOU ARE BEING AN ABLEIST DOUCHEBAG, RIGHT?????
i am autistic and i do NOT require “special” fucking attention, especially not from complete SHITBAGS like YOU
you need to go crawl in a hole
“ It is really hard. It is damned hard.”
to me, YOU are the only one who sounds like they are throwing any kind of damned pity party you self-absorbed ableist FUCKWAD
lady where the fuck did you get your teaching certificate? Because it should be taken away. The whole point of being a teacher is following the golden rule which is ANYONE can learn. EVERYONE learns at a different pace and as a teacher your job is to facilitate the needs of EVERY student in your classroom. YES its hard. It’s hard even when there are students WITHOUT IEP’S in a classroom because every single student in that classroom is going to learn in a different way, and at a different pace than the other ones, MOST of them will learn in a way that is completely foreign to you, and if you cant teach students that learn differently from you then please quit your job because you fail at it.
Oooh, I like this person.
- zemisong reblogged this from iiyabitestoes
- the-mousy-spell-checker likes this
- notemily likes this
- coloredbleach likes this
- iiyabitestoes reblogged this from misandrwitch
- cephalopodqueen reblogged this from princessnijireiki
- fight-blog reblogged this from princessnijireiki
- princessnijireiki reblogged this from hippopotamuses
- hippopotamuses reblogged this from lili-d-angel
- hippopotamuses likes this
- feistyakashickitten likes this
- eziojensenthe3rd reblogged this from mascothell-old
- eziojensenthe3rd likes this
- lili-d-angel reblogged this from menacherie and added:
- lili-d-angel likes this
- menacherie reblogged this from dorkvahkiin and added:
- dualitier likes this
- supey likes this
- dorkvahkiin reblogged this from thehimesama and added:
- autisticweirdo likes this
- declanbarr likes this
- declanbarr reblogged this from gematriya
- moonsetsky likes this
- soundiswhatfoundus likes this
- iams99ffended likes this
- thehimesama reblogged this from mascothell-old and added:
- timey-wimey-limey reblogged this from mascothell-old
- onceuponanotsolongtimeago reblogged this from gematriya
- theoceanandthesky reblogged this from gematriya
- gematriya reblogged this from dorkvahkiin
- gematriya likes this
- miscella likes this
- maneir reblogged this from mascothell-old and added:
- rampagerabbit reblogged this from mascothell-old
- mascothell-old reblogged this from dorkvahkiin
- thesidekickcomplex likes this
- imnotrayvecchio reblogged this from misandrwitch
- minaharper likes this
- ageofgreen likes this
- lathyrism likes this
- misandrwitch reblogged this from dorkvahkiin
- misandrwitch likes this
- dorkvahkiin likes this
- lili-d-angel posted this